Upcoming trail dates:
February 9 & February 10, 2019
February 16 & February 17, 2019
February 23 & February 24, 2019
March 2 & March 3, 2019
March 9 & March 10, 2019
March 16 & March 17, 2019
March 23 & March 24, 2019
March 30 & March 31, 2019
April 6 & April 7, 2019
April 13 & April 14, 2019
April 20 & April 21, 2019
April 27 & April 28, 2019
May 4 & May 5, 2019
May 11 & May 12, 2019
May 18 & May 19, 2019
May 25 & May 26, 2019
June 1 & June 2, 2019
June 8 & June 9, 2019
June 15 & June 16, 2019
June 22 & June 23, 2019
June 29 & June 30, 2019
Note: The rest of the itineraries of the season are being developed. For customised itineraries with specific dates and choice of wildlife safari parks, please write to us.
Jim Corbett National Park
Jim Corbett National Park is the oldest national park in India and was established in 1936 as Hailey National Park to protect the endangered Bengal Tiger. It is located in the Nainital District of Uttarakhand and was named after Jim Corbett, who played a key role in its establishment. The park was the first to come under the Project Tiger initiative.
Jim Corbett National Park comprises 520.8 km2 (201.1 Sq mi) area of hills, riverine belts, marshy depressions, grasslands and a large lake.
Referred to as the ‘Land of Roar and Trumpet’- this Tiger and Elephant forest of flowing rivers, blue waters and Sal-dappled glades, is absolutely magical. Many of Jim Corbett’s enthralling tales, including the man-eaters of Kumaon and the man-eating Leopard of Rudraprayag originated here in these famous Kumaon hills. It also happens to be one of the last surviving stretches of untouched Sub-Himalayan wilderness.
Dense moist deciduous forest mainly consists of Sal, Haldu, Peepal, Rohini and Mango trees. The forest covers almost 73% of the park and 10% of the area consists of grasslands. It houses around 110 species of trees, 50 species of mammals, 580 species of birds and 25 species of reptiles. The Royal Bengal Tiger is the key predator. Other animals in this forest are Leopard, Jungle Cat, Barking Deer, Sambar Deer, Chital, Sloth Bear, Himalayan Black Bear to name a few. More than 586 species of resident and migratory birds have been categorised, including the Crested Serpent Eagle, Blossom-headed Parakeet, Red Jungle Fowl etc. In summer, herds of Elephants can be seen. The Indian Python found in the reserve is a dangerous species, capable of killing a Chital deer. Local crocodiles and ghariyals were saved from extinction by captive breeding programs that subsequently released crocodiles into the Ramganga river.
How to reach?
• Flights from Delhi to Phoolbagh/Pantnagar (51.2 km.) and onwards by road to Jim Corbett National Park.
• The duration of the drive from Phoolbagh/Pantnagar: Aproximately 3.5 hours.
• Direct train from Delhi to Ramnagar (250 km).
• Moradabad, on the way, offers a convenient connecting point to and from other cities on express trains.
• Complete information is available on www.indianrail.gov.in and www.irctc.co.in
• Delhi to Corbett: Approximately 6-7 hours.
• From major cities in the North, the park is easily accessible by road.
Indian Railway Top Tip
The Indian Railway offers last minute ticket bookings on most trains for a small premium (Tatkal booking). They also have a special quota on most trains for foreigners and defence personnel.
Day 01: Arrival at Ramnagar
Note: Guests need to organise their own domestic travel and arrive in Ramnagar. If you decide to take the train, departure is from Old Delhi Railway Station at 4pm (Train: Uttar Samprak K Express - AC chair car). You arrive in Ramnagar at 8:40pm. You could also drive down. Guests will be transferred to the hotel and dinner will be provided.
Day 02: Jim Corbett National Park - Tiger Trail
The day includes both the morning and evening safari with breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel, peppered with a unique curated experience.
Day 03: Jim Corbett National Park to New Delhi
The day includes both the morning and evening safari with breakfast, lunch and early dinner at the hotel. Departure to Delhi.
Note: The package is for 2 nights and 3 days. If you wish to take a longer trip, the itinerary can be designed accordingly.
|Jim Corbett National Park||Corbett Riverside Resort
Taj Gateway Resort
Infinity resorts corbett
Trail cost includes:
• 01 Double room at the resort for 02 Persons.
• All meals at the resort.
• 01 Car for the transfers and sightseeing as per the above given plan.
• All the expenses related to the vehicle like fuel, toll, parking fee, driver.
• 04 Shared jeep safaris in the park.
Trail cost does not include:
• Lunch & Dinner (other than the above specified); any other chargeable activities.
• Camera fee, tips and personal expenses like phone, laundry, porterage, Wi-Fi etc.
• Travel insurance & health insurance.
• Any additional expenses due to flight cancellation/delay, change in itinerary, resorts.
• Anything which is not mentioned in the inclusion list.
• Travel, boarding and F&B costs for domestic help travelling with you.
Terms & Conditions
1) Booking terms: 50 % advance payment at the time of booking. Full payment to be made four weeks before departure to enable us to re-confirm all arrangements with our suppliers. Certain services like home stays, coach tours, unique speciality packages, etc., may call for a different payment schedule and will possibly necessitate earlier full pre – payment. Long weekends like Christmas, Holi, Diwali and New Years are non refundable. No adjustments or refunds in case of not availing any facility from the package.
2) Cancellation amount is calculated as per total package cost and not advance deposited.
• 7 days and less, 100% cancellation
• 8 days to 21 days, 50% cancellation
• 21 days to 45 days, 40% cancellation
• 45 days and above, 20% cancellation
3) All prices quoted are subject to change without notice. resorts and suppliers reserve the right to amend the price of the service/package, if affected by circumstances beyond their control. The package price could also change in the event of a major fluctuation in rates of exchange or travel fares or both.
Any increase in price would have to be paid before departure. However, such an increase will not normally apply after a booking is confirmed and payment is received.
5) Every effort will be made to confirm a booking exactly as requested. However, in case of non-availability, similar alternatives will be offered.
6) Subsequent alterations, amendments or cancellations to a confirmed booking may attract penalties. Please note that some properties may charge higher cancellation fees, particularly during peak season going up to 100%.
7) Service and handling fees may be applied on an individual case basis, even if a booking is cancelled within the acceptable period and no cancellation charges are entailed.
8) Tiger Trails by Anthony reserves the right to cancel or change any holiday or service without notice at anytime. We will offer alternative arrangements, if deemed necessary or advisable. If alternative arrangements are not available or are unacceptable to you, we will refund the part of any money, which relates to the part of the holiday or service that has been cancelled. In either case, Tiger Trails by Anthony shall not be held liable for any damage, additional expense or consequential loss suffered.
9) Methods of Payment
1. Cheques: Please note that we require 10 working days to clear all cheques before documents can be issued.
2. Cash or EFT Transfers: We accept EFT transfers, or cash deposited into our bank account, subject to the condition that the EFT transmission report or the cash deposit slip is provided to ourselves and such payment has been confirmed as received by us. All bank charges must be paid by yourselves which will be included in your final invoice.
10) Tiger trails by Anthony shall in no circumstances be liable for;
1. Death, personal injury, sickness, accident, loss, delay, increased expense, consequential loss or any misadventure howsoever caused.
2. Any act, omission, default of any resort, carrier or other person or by any servant or agent employed by them who may be engaged or concerned in the provision of accommodation, food and beverage, carriage, facility, or service for you or for any person travelling with you howsoever caused.
3. The temporary or permanent loss of or damage to baggage or personal effects howsoever caused.
11) Copy of government ID proof like, Passport (only for international tourists), Driving License, Voter Card , Adhaar card or Pan Card are required for safari bookings in advance.
12) Child policy on accommodation: Will be as per the policy of resort chosen.
13) Complaints. Whilst every effort will be made by Tiger trails by Anthony to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, it is specifically recorded that Tiger Trails by Anthony in no way accepts liability for any claim that you may have in respect of your complaint.
1. In the event that you have any reason to complain, or experience any problems with your holiday whilst away, you must immediately inform the supplier of the services in question.
2. If you are still dissatisfied, you must notify us at the earliest opportunity.
3. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. Failure to give us the opportunity to resolve any problem at the time it occurs will result in either a reduction, or complete extinction, of any rights which you may have, to claim compensation from us.
4. If you remain dissatisfied, you must write to us within 14 days of the end of the trip you have purchased from us, with the booking reference and full details of your complaint on email@example.com
14) Tiger Trails by Anthony acts on behalf of resorts, suppliers, operators and handling agents and hence has limited liabilities only, in terms of the arrangements directly under its control. In the event of disputes over all other circumstances, we will offer all reasonable assistance but will not be responsible for claims and compensations. All complaints should be submitted within 10 days of your return.
15) Tiger trails by Anthony shall not be responsible nor deemed to be on default on account of any delays or interruptions in the performance of its obligations due to causes beyond its reasonable control or not occasioned by its fault of negligence including act of God or the public enemy, war, civil war, warlike operations, terrorism, insurrections or riots, fires, floods (unusual weather conditions) epidemics or quarantine, restrictions, any act of government, strikes or labour unrest causing cessation, slow down or interruption of work (collectively “the Force Major events”). Although we will extend all assistance wherever possible, the obtaining of visas, health requirements and vaccinations, etc will be the sole responsibility of the passenger to be in possession of a valid passport, ensure the visa can be obtained before entering into a booking commitment with Tiger Trails by Anthony.
16) Refunds if any are subject to Tiger trails by Anthony obtaining a refund from resorts and suppliers. An administrative fee could apply as part of the refund process. Partially utilized services are non – refundable.
17) Tiger trails by Anthony strongly recommends the purchase of multi – cover holiday insurance to cover unforeseen eventualities. It is the client’s responsibility to have adequate travel insurance at the time of travel.
18) These terms and conditions and any agreement referring to these terms and conditions shall be construed, interpreted and governed in accordance with the laws of the Government of India.
19) All persons travelling together will be deemed to have understood and compliant with all these booking conditions.